No Subject

Dear Radsafe and Medphys colleagues:

 I'm "madder than a wet hen" about some "educational" material that is
broadcast by HSTN (Hospital...Network) for recording and release in
member hospitals.  This program has appeared again after a lengthy
discussion with the Director of Education about the inappropriateness of
the content - infact downright misinformation. (Tc99 therapy?  Little
pieces of radium that can get under your fingernails when you serve a
food tray to an implant patient,  which might be eugenic or
carcinogenic... give me a break!)  Anyway, I had a nice discussion with
her back in november of last year, and she seemed interested in obtaining
a professional editing of these things... but that was the last I hear of
it.  And now they have released it again!  actually, its a two part
series, but they content is very similar - Part one is "radiation Safety
in Housekeeping" and part 2 is "Radiation Safety in Dietary".  I would
LOVE to mail copies of this thing to anyone who's interested in what's
being produces for our (already scared to death of radiation) ancillary
hospital staff.  Any takers?

RADSAFERS: Please e-mail me privately, as I've dropped my list
subscription due to time constraints (its all so interestin, I can't help
but read it, even if it doesn't apply directly to my work.  The only way
to cure such an addiction was to quit "cold turkey".)
MEDPHYS:  either way - list if you think anyone else cares,or to me
privately if you prefer.

loneill@haysmed.com
Name: Laura O'Neill, MS, DABR
Hays Medical Center