Re: Carbon 14 in soil -Reply

Oh!  Thank you so much for that clarification.  I did not mean to spread
confusion, so I am glad you posted this to the list.  And  my apologies if I
mislead anyone.

>>> "Charley Yu" <yuc@smtplink.dis.anl.gov> 04/22/98 03:55pm >>>

     The carbon-14 model used in RESRAD is designed for soil
contamination.
     The sentence you quoted refers to carbon-14 models found in the
     literature as cited in that sentence (Page 316, last sentence, RESRAD
     Manual). Please contact me directly if you have further questions on
     carbon-14 modeling in RESRAD.

     Charley Yu, Ph.D., CHP
     RESRAD Program Manager
     630-252-5589
     cyu@anl.gov

_________________________________
Subject: Carbon 14 in soil
Author:  <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu> at smtplink-eid
Date:    4/22/98 11:05 AM

I have been using the RESRAD model to look at various isotopes in soil.  I
am currently trying to look at carbon 14.  The model assumes that this is
an extremely mobile isotope (in the same category as tritium).  The
RESRAD manual says "the modeling for carbon-14 has evolved from
analyses of atmospheric sources and is not appropriate for ground
contamination sources."  Does anyone know of a model that is
appropriate for ground sources?  Are there any good discussions about
carbon 14 in soil?

Joelle Key
jkey@mail.state.tn.us