Re: Liquid Scintillation Counters

Todd:

We bought the Packard 2300TR.  We looked at the big 3 companies and felt

that the Packard met our needs for ease of use.  We primarily use our
counter for
counting survey swipes and analysis of liquid waste and H-3 in
environmental water
sample analysis.  We like the view spectrum feature, so you can view the
spectrum
of any sample you are counting and there is software to let you
manipulate and
analyze the spectrum.  All 3 company's models were very good and fairly
similar,
but as I said, we felt the Packard model we bought seemed to be a little
easier to
use and the price was right.  We have had the machine for about 2 years
now and
have been happy with it.  We have also been happy with the prompt and
helpful
service we have gotten when we needed it.

D. Steva
University of Virginia