Liquid Scintillation Counters

We are presently making a decision concerning the purchase of a new LSC and
would appreciate any suggestions, critiques, or anecdotes regarding your
experiences with LS counters and their accompanying software.

We are a research laboratory dealing with the usual isotopes found in a
research/university setting (3H, 14C, 32P, 33P, 35S, 51Cr, 125I, 131I,
etc.).  Primary uses would include laboratory swipe tests, waste sampling,
and possibly sealed source leak testing (137Cs).

Two of are main concerns are the ability to detect and identify small
amounts of contamination and the accurate analysis of unknown, multiple
isotope waste (will we be able to distinguish among isotopes to some degree
of precision?).

We known that Beckman, Packard, and Wallac all have comparable systems.  Are
there others?  Which have you had experience with?  What do you like/dislike
about your system?  Do you know of accompanying software to help with the
isotope seperation problem?

Any information would be appreciated.

With great power...

Todd Maxwell, RRPT