Re: Field Detection of Pu

> >           Therefore, can anyone recommend a quick screen using field
> >           instruments that we might be able to perform on           > >           each backhoe bucket of stuff to indicate whether either of > >           these fissile
> >           substances (pu or HEU) are present in significant > >           quantities?
First, there is no such thing as a free lunch.  Second, the defination
of "significant quantities " might have to be changed to "sufficient
quantities"

If one uses the tracer of Am-241 to find Pu, we could shield much of the
material in a basckhoe of DU or clean dirt.

  Roy C. Craft, CHP
Consulting Health Physicist
(409) 245-9991
rcraft@iamerica.net
"He who measures carefully with a bent stick measures konly his
crassness"  Standards Lab Sign