Cancer Cured in Mice

Dear Radsafers,

Today, the New York Times broke the story of a possible cancer cure.
Tested only in mice so far, two protein fragments, endostatin and
angiostatin, can eliminate many types of cancer. There are no known
toxic side effects, and tumor cells do not become resistant to these
drugs. They work by inhibiting the formation of blood vessels in tumors.

Read the article for yourself:

http://www.nytimes.com/yr/mo/day/news/national/sci-cancer-treatments.html

If this new discovery turns out to be true, the effects on our
civilization will be awesome. Our profession of radiation safety will
also change, since the stochastic (carcinogenic) effects of radiation
exposure will be of little real consequence. We will need to protect
against only non-stochastic effects.  And cancer radiotherapy will no
longer be needed.

Wow.

Best regards,
Wes
--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.