Re: Dr Strangelove

The director of Dr. Strangelove was none other than Stanley Kubrick. Kubrick
may be best known for his thought-provoking "Where do we go in the cosmos from
here?" direction of the movie version of the Arthur C. Clarke novel 2001: A
Space Odyssey.

Dr. Strangelove also touched on the irony of the idea that that it takes a
nuclear weapon to destroy another nuke, and expanded it into the Doomsday
Machine concept, the essence of which the public fears to this day that will
be at hand if nuclear technology ever gets out of control. Unfortunately, we
in this profession still are plagued with this broad-brush misperception.

Maybe we could hire Mr. Kubrick to direct a movie that shows the good side of
our professional society. What would we call it? HPS  2010: A Space-Charge
Policy?

Steve Frey
Stevenfrey@aol.com
Phone: (800) 888-7008 (office), (714) 646-4631 (home)