Re: Dr Strangelove

I think the recall code, which Slim Pickens didn't get, was something like
"POE" - for "Purity of Essence".  Also, didn't George C. Scott play an Air
Force General, since he knew the capability of a B-52 to get through to its
target?

At 12:10 AM 5/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Slim Pickins was Capt. Bat Guano, and rode the bomb down Texas bulldogging
style.

>Michael Kay
>makay@teleport.com
>
>RADPROJECT wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 98-05-04 09:58:58 EDT::
>>
>> << The full name of the film was "Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to stop
>>  > worrying and love the bomb" issued in 1963. It is one of the all time
>> classic
>>  > black comedy films that should be rented and viewed by all. It featured
>> Keenan
>>  > Wynn, James Earl Jones, and a SAC base commander character named Gen.
Jack
>> D.
>>  > Ripper [whose name I can't remember] who launches his B-52 bomber wing
>> against
>>  > the FSU because the communists are poisoning our PBFs [precious bodily
>> fluids]
>>  > with by introducing fluoridation into our water supply.
>>  >

>>   And the recall code for the bombers, which Slim Pickens didn't get was
>>
>>  -- >>
>>
>> My thanks to Carl Peterson who e-mailed me after recalling that Gen.
Jack D.
>> Ripper was played by Sterling Hayden. Other cast included George C.
Scott as a
>> womanizing U.S. Army General.
>>
>> Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
>> Director - Radium Experiment Assessment Project
>> Consulting Scientist
>> 19 Stuart St.
>> Pawtucket, RI 02860
>>
>> Phone: (401) 727-4947   Fax: (401) 727-2032   E-mail: radproject@usa.net
>> web address:  www.customforum.com/carsreap

Eric Cowdrey
Radiation Protection Officer
Department of Medical Physics
Manitoba Cancer Treatment and Research Foundation
100 Olivia Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba  R3E 0V9
CANADA

Telephone: (204) 787-2166/4145