10 CFR 30, App. B

Has anyone else noticed that the current Appendix B to 10 CFR 30 is the
same list as the old 10 CFR 20 Appendix C before the adoption of the
revised Part 20?  Please notice that Appendix B has the same title as
the old and newer Part 20 Appendix C.  Does anyone else out there think
there is an obvious inconsistency here?  What's a licensee to think or
do?  What quantities require labeling?

I am interested in receiving a copy of the federal register notices
dated 5/21/91 and 12/22/93 which redesignated the old Appendix C to Part
30.  hopefully this will explain why this change occurred the way it
did, rather than just simply replacing the old Appendix C with the
current one.  If anyone has this, would you fax it to me at
301-496-3544. Thanks.

Depending on the information contained in the Federal Register notices,
I would support a petition to remove Appendix B to eliminate confusion
on the part of the regulators (and licensees, of course).

Sean M. Austin, CHP
seanaustin@hotmail.com

All opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of my employer.