Re: RADSAFE digest 1856

It's probably uranyl acetate or uranyl nitrate.

contact Annette Leach at US Ecology aleach@americanecology.com
re disposal.    It may be expensive and will probably have to be solidified
in concrete.   You might also check the NRC or a state to see if it is
acceptable for sewer disposal.   Part 20 Appendix B seems to permit this
route, provided your water flow is high enough and the material is fully
soluble in water.   The local sewer authority may have restrictions,
however.

Tony LaMastra
alamastra@enter.net