Re: Monsanto

Sherry -

I downloaded a number of Monsanto sealed source registry documents from the
NRC WWW site that Joel told me about.  Of the 15 that I downloaded, I
printed off six (the others were eliminated based on use, source activity,
or isotope).  From these, it looks as though we have a Model 2722-BT.  The
source activity checks, the form of the serial number is appropriate, and
the physical size is pretty close.

We are going to go out and get some measurements on our AmBe source this
afternoon to try to confirm this and I'll get back to you later today or
tomorrow.

Andy

The opinions expressed above are well-reasoned and insightful.  Needless to
say, they are not those of my employer. (with apologies to Michael Feldman)

Andrew Karam, MS, CHP					(614) 292-1284 (phone)
The Ohio State University 					(614) 292-7002 (fax)
Office of Radiation Safety					"The mind is not a vessel to
1314 Kinnear Road						be filled but a fire to be
Columbus, OH  43212						lighted." (Plutarch)
(karam.1@osu.edu)