D2O

I have a researcher doing some writing with a novel.  He has some specific
questions which I am unable to answer.  Maybe one of you can address the
question.  The preference would be to send the answer directly to him at
masuda@webnexus.com.

1. What are the biological hazards (if any) with D2O (heavy water)?
2. How does D2O effect the body differently from H2O?
3. Are any of the body organs of concern with D2O?
4. How would this be matabolized?

In his novel he is considering very large amounts of D2O being given to a
subject (fiction).

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

John Pickering
San Jose State University