Re: Bacteria in Nuclear Reactors

Just another note on this topic for high temp bacteria.  Some researchers
found bacteria living in a thermal vent of Mt. St. Helens at several
hundred degrees with all kinds of toxic (to us) vapors and compounds.  Lots
of sulphur too.  Never underestimate Ma Nature.

Scott Kniffin

mailto:Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.