Re: RAM Security

     Could you please describe your security controls?  Do you control
     at the point of entry into the lab or with locks and attendance?

     At one point, I believe the NRC stated that securing at the area
     entrance created a restricted area so we have stayed away from
     locking the entrances as much as possible.

     So, to date we have secured a limited number of areas (e.g. the
     Tracer Manufacturing Area and the Storage-for-Decay Area) and
     locked or attended all other sources using the action levels of
     App. C.  (This was found acceptable in a 5/95 inspection with the
     NRC.)

     Last week's guidance from the NRC looks like the exception for
     quantities below App. C levels is on its way out.

     I would appreciate the comments of others on the strict
     implementation of security controls.

     Thank you.

     Maureen Gillis
     Chiron Diagnostics Corporation