Re: AIHA Booklet

You asked "Is there anyone in the HPS on that committee?"

Yes, and at least 4 are CHPs.

In January 98 I called and spoke to the AIHA and wrote 9 pages of comments
on this document. I wrote to Christine Feheley the Manager of Public
Relations for AIHA. As yet no response. Ms. Feheley told me that my
comments surprised her because the publication was reviewed and approved by
an individual who she described as being an HP or CHP. However, as bad as
that AIHA document is, it is better than many others I have seen directed
at AIHA members.

The AIHA members of the AIHA Ionizing Radiation Safety Committee are listed
on their web site as:

Thomas E. Rountree, Chair Billy R. Thomas, CIH, CHP, V-Chair Barbara A.
Hebert, CIH, P-Chair Thomas A. Bauckham, CIH, CSP Ronald L. Beethe, CIH
Sherry L. Bravinder, CIH Peter Collopy, CIH, CHP R. G. Gallaghar, CIH,
CHP, CSP Norman W. Henry III, CIH Rudolph L. Leutzinger, IHIT
Christopher Marlowe, CIH Conrad Sherman, CIH, CHP Bruce A Zaczynski, CIH
Board Coordinator: Steven Stone, CIH, PE

Paul Lavely
UC Berkeley
(510) 643-7976