Re: survey meter check sources -Reply

The one on my Ludlum 14C came affixed to a side of the meter casing, not
the G-M (detector) 'cause that would cause a severe background problem
for me. Kathleen is quite right about the unit, though. A plastic source
disc is in a robust metal housing with a hinged cover, so one can obtain
2 check readings-with the source cover open and closed (or shut,
whatever) if desired-although a more pronounced affect with pancake G-M
probes than with the e-compensated mR-rate tubes, though.

Paul Tyree
mrpmt@empire.net