Alpha CAMs for the LANL Plutonium Facility

Hi Folks,
The following advertisement was recently sent to the Commerce Business Daily
and will be published shortly.  Interested parties are encouraged to contact
Dan James, james_daniel_a@lanl.gov.  Please DO NOT reply to the messenger (I
will ignore replies).

Thanks
Ron Morgan
Operational Health Physics
Los Alamos National Laboratory

>Los Alamos National Laboratory, P. O. Box 1663, Mail Stop K485, Los Alamos,
NM 87545
>Continuous Air Monitoring Systems for Los Alamos National Laboratory
Plutonium Facility

>Contact Point, Dan James, Fax (505 667-6153)
>The Los Alamos National Laboratory(LANL), Health Physics Operations Group
of the Environment, Safety & >Health Division, is planning to upgrade the
alpha continuous air monitoring system (CAMs)  for the Plutonium >Facility
at LANL and would like to identify capable and interested sources for
participation in a potential >procurement of CAMs.   The alpha CAMs will be
used to monitor the workplace environment, exhaust stacks, >and ventilation
ductwork. A quantity of approximately 250 – 300 alpha CAMs are anticipated
to be required. >A complete alpha CAM specification and Request for Proposal
will be available July 2, 1998.  A pre->proposal conference is presently
scheduled to be held during the annual Health Physics Society meeting the
>week of July 12, 1998 in Minneapolis, MN.  LANL representatives will be
present to answer questions from >potential vendors on the specification and
solicitation package.  A requirement of the solicitation will be >delivery
of a working specification compliant prototype unit
>Health physics instrument suppliers who are interested in receiving the
specification and Request for >Proposal information should fax their request
to (505) 667-6153 or email a request to >james_daniel_a@lanl.gov. Vendors
are also invited to send a general description and capabilities statement
>on any alpha CAM in their product line which may meet our proposed
requirements.