Where can we find coiled cables?

Ludlum sells coiled cables for use with its survey instruments as an
alternative to the straight ones in common use.  One of the techs went
out of his way to show me one that a campus lab just bought, so I
figured that I'd better take that as a hint. <grin>

Anyhow, Ludlum sells these cables for about $50 each.  Is there another
source for these if all we would want is about two or three of them
(with BNC connectors at each end) that is a bit less expensive?

(I called the local electronics parts place and was told that they not
only did they not have parts for such a cable, but couldn't even figure
out how such a cable was possible.)

Thanks in advance!  My e-mail address is my .sig below.

--
Melissa Woo, Health Physicist                    |m-woo@uiuc.edu
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign       |ofc 1.217.244.7233