Re: FLUFF stuff - Other glowing things

At 12:42 AM 6/24/98 -0500, you wrote:

>*** Wide role for fishy light source?

>Prolume President Gene
>Finley said the proteins are safe for use as a food colorant because
>they are made from natural sources found in marine life. (Reuters)

Safe because it's made from a natural source? Safe because it's found in
marine life? Ever step on a sea urchin? There are plenty of substances out
there in the oceans that are hazardrous and even life threatening to
humans. I think Mr. Finley needs to do a lot more homework if that's all
the basis he has for claiming the stuff is safe for human consumption.

---------
Bob Flood
Dosimetry Group Leader
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center