RADON, ASA, COHEN ARTICLES

Radsafers,

It looks like the radon issue continues to make the news.  I guess the Darby
article is about to hit the shelves.  Dr. Cohen was kind enough to provide
tables to show that the findings were not statistically significant.

I did not attend the American Statistical Association's radiation meetings in
SanDiego this past week, but I understood that the results of several U.S.
radon studies were going to be presented.  Were any radsafers able to attend
the meetings?  If so, I would be interested in whether or not the findings
were presented.

Also, I just painfully finished reading the radon papers in the July issue of
the HPJ.  The article written by Jay Lubin was very technical and (as far as I
could tell) plausible.  I also found the article written by Smith and others
to be understandable and persuasive.  I would like to hear the opinions of
others concerning the papers.

Are the authors of these papers members of the radsafe listserv?  If not, does
anyone have the email for Smith?  I have a few questions, I am not clear
about.

Good Niton, S Kirk

The comments expressed above are my own and may not reflect the opinions of my
husband.