New Info on Open HP Position at UC

>I have received several messages questioning my earlier e-mail
>message, & apparently some people are pretty unhappy with their
>salaries, & are SURE I must be wrong. To clarify my earlier e-mail
>message, the hourly salary I noted IS correct. The top-step annual salary
>is $55,057 PLUS benefits. I'm not sure how the County calculates hourly
>rates,  but it is about $31.00/hr, excluding benefits. This is NOT an entry
>level position. It requires at least a B.S. and three years of HP
>experience. Please e-mail me directly if you have any additional
>questions!
>
>kkaufman@dhs.co.la.ca.us

UC Berkeley started this thread. We were trying to find out why our
postings had not generated a single response by radsafe. Based on responses
we have recieved, we would like to find out is what is the general feeling
that salary for HPs in the Oakland CA area should be. The question we have
is what do you think the salary  range should be for the following four
classifications:

Entry level - no degree - no or very little experience

Mid level - no degree - about 2 to 3 years of exp.

Entry professional - MS degree - little or no exp

Mid prof - MS degree and 2 to 3 years exp

We will publish a summary of responses (including private responses
directly to us), but will remove information as to who contributed. Send
response to radsafe or to me directly.

Thanks for helping us to address a problem for both our institution and others.

Paul Lavely
Director and RSO
UC Berkeley
(510) 643-7976