Re: Eye & Thyroid Protection in Fluoroscopy

Disagree, Thyroid CA can kill and rarely do you see a primary site
malignant neoplasm stay encapsulated - postmortum diagnosis of brain,
pancreas and other mets have shown the tissue type was from a thyroid
primary site is not any comfort to the patient or anyone else. This brings
me to my biggest beef about our medical physics profession.  I bust my tail
with American Cancer Society Relay for Life and similar fundraisers but we
have the technology now to detect most cancers in their earliest stages but
our third party providers will not pay for private, middle income and poor
to receive simple nuclear medicine and other diagnostic testing on a
routine basis because of costs.  Yet the Executive Payroll folks in our
government can go to Walter Reed or Bethesda and recieve annual "free-we
pay" physicals and all the public hears is the press release about how a
non-malignant tumor was removed from ____ today and his longterm outlook is
to be "cancer free".  Well you can too if you get this same level of
medical monitoring.  Society needs to correct this and then we can say
statements like "...risk of death is very low."  Until then Sandy, you
should treat thyroid cancer as having the potential to kill.