GPS Systems

Dear All

At present when  we are going through monitoring exercises outside the site boundary ( we have to every five years ). We use the Magellan 2000 Global positioning Systems to give the monitoring location. I have been told that there is a Y2K problem with the using GPS which will come in to effect late this year about August I think. Does anyone have any further information about this or the phone number, address, e-mail address of Magellan systems so I can bottom this out. Could you please reply to phf@cap.urenco.co.uk or through the radsafe network if you think it will be of general interest.

Thank You in advance

Paul Fazey

Urenco Capenhurst Limited
Chester