BELARUS RADIATION CONCERN

I have been asked to provide some advice to a group of North Carolina
linemen going to Belarus for about one week the first of August.  They
will be helping with stringing new lines for Belarus near the village of
Blon (Blon is about 2 hours from Minsk according to the information
provided).  The linemen are concerned about radiation exposure and
uptake from the food from that area due to Chernobly.

I would appreciate any information regarding any possible concerns about
radioactive material contamination for this area.  My first thought is
they should not be concerned, but they are asking about survey meters,
dosimeters and taking food from home.

You may reply directly to me if you wish.  I have searched a few web
sites but cannot find any specific information for this area or even
where Blon is located.

Thanks
Johnny James
Radiation Emergency Coordinator