Re: BELARUS RADIATION CONCERN

> The linemen are concerned about radiation exposure and
> uptake from the food from that area due to Chernobly.

These individuals should not be concerned. The dose rates,
contamination levels, and food uptakes have been well
documented. If the individuals have concerns, they should be
issued passive dosimetry, as well as direct reading dosimeters
(which will only measure the gamma components - of course).
Ideally, an electronic dosimeter would be the best ... While the
extra dosimetry won't protect them from any of the exposure, the
materials may give them peace of mind.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
ICN Plaza
3300 Hyland Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3111

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

ICN Dosimetry Website:
http://www.dosimetry.com

Personal Website:

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT my employer