N.V. Timofejev-Resovskij

Dear Radsafers,

I am trying to find information in English on the Internet about N.V.
Timofejev-Resovskij but obtained almost nothing. This man can, according
to what I have been told, almost be considered a founder of radiation
biology, or at least cofounder. He left Soviet Union in 1926 (went to
Germany) and then published hundreds of scientific papers about
biological effects of radiation. After the 2nd World war was ended he
was brought back to Soviet Union and spent approximately the years
1946-1955 (can any one confirm the years?) in various prisons.

Any additional information would be of interest. I am not sure about his
years of life but he was probably born in 1899 or 1900 and lived into
the early eighties. His first name would also be nice to have. But more
information about his works would be even better.

Sincerely Yours,

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
Depts. Medical Radiation Biology
and Medical Radiation Physics,