Re: Need assistance shipping material from Australia

One of the problems that I've found with Fed Ex has been their apparent
lack of uniformity as fas as knowking-and applying- their own rules
regarding shipments of radioactive materials. An example is the fact that
Fed Ex supposedly will NOT ship any amount of Pu anywhere.

Period.

However, since this particular Fed Ex policy has been in effect, I have
received multiple shipments of transuranics from outside of the US where
FedEx was the carrier. I have also shipped material greater tha LQ or LSA
(White I for instance) both within and outside of the US using Fed Ex and
have had no problems. I find it curious that the company now refuses Barb's
shipment from "down under" as Australia accounts for appx 80% of my
actinide shipments and I'v e yet to be denied their services.

Anyone with a suggestions as to why this might be the case?

Ray Russ
SLAC OHP Group
<rruss@stanford.edu>