Generally Licensed Po-210 Static Eliminators -Reply

Wes,

10CFR32 Specific License to Manufacture or Transfer Certain Items
Containing RAM...never gets back to 31.3.  However, 31.2 says "unless
indicated otherwise in the language of the general license."  31.3 (the
general license) continues that the general license is issued in
accordance with the specific license issued by the commission.

If I remeber, I obtained a copy of the specific license from one
manufacturer and their requirements to maintain these sources.  The
manufacturer recommended returning the source, but the words weren't
that strong.

I would call one of the manufacturer.  There is an RSO somewhere if they
are making them.  They have been responsive in faxing their license
noting commitments for tracking or disposal to the NRC.  They also can
fax you the info they send the customers...ie the general license
requirements noted in their specific license.

Matt Williamson
williamson.m@nypa.gov
Obviously my opinions and not those of NYPA, the State of New York, or
Gov. Pataki.