-----Original Message-----
From:	Neil, David M [SMTP:neildm@id.doe.gov]
Sent:	Wednesday, July 22, 1998 11:47 AM
To:	Multiple recipients of list
Subject:	RE: Re[4]: EPA report and court ruling

The trick will be getting a broad enough base of knowledgeable judges to
cover the issues possible, without creating a myriad of separate court
systems.

Perhaps the answer is in a group of judges trained in basic scientific
methods and knowledge, who are impaneled for a case with temporary
arbitrators of the expert witness ilk.  The chief judge of the panel has
the knowledge of the legalities, and enough basics to meet the
arbitrators halfway, and the arbitrators have the specialized knowledge
to know when the litigants are blowing smoke.

But this is veering off-topic, and I want to maintain my current cordial
relations with Melissa, so I'll not run any further with this one at
this time.  }:-)

Dave Neil
neildm@id.doe.gov