RE: I-131 Therapy & Contamination

In my "former life", in addition to the craft paper on the floor, we would reinforce high traffic areas (around the bed and to the bathroom) with absorbent paper with a plastic coating on one side.  What we did was really overkill (we basically padded the whole room), but it saved a lot in decontamination because we didn't have an "exclusive use" room.

Mark C. Hammond
Health Physicist
Arkansas Department of Health
Division of Radiation Control