Re: Explosion at Stateline Generating Station

In a message dated 98-07-28 11:41:48 EDT, sandyfl@earthlink.net (Sandy Perle)
writes:

<<  There have been many explosions in a nuclear power station, all on
 the secondary side.   >>

I don't have the documentation at hand, but didn't the Wolf Creek station have
an explosion (hydrogen?, welding gases?) within their pressurizer compartment
during a refueling outage sometime in the late 80s or so?  I recall one report
that the pressurizer was lifted off its supports.  The industry jokes ran
"Wolf Creek tried to have the first nuclear power plant in space," "Wolf Creek
tried to launch their pressurizer into space," etc.

Glenn
GACMail98@aol.com