Re: Re[2]: Anti-nuke funding

If anyone has a few tens of millions that they want to spend on a worthwhile
cause, I suggest spending it on the problem of potential impacts on the earth
by large objects from space.  It is known from the geological record that
these events do happen quite often in terms of geological time.  I have read
that the probability of death from this source is greater than that of death
in an airline accident.  The impact that formed the meteor crater in Arizona,
for instance, was a minor one as impacts go, but would have wiped out a few
major cities in the Southwest, I think.  We must put first things first, in
cases where there is flexibility in how to spend money.  This is a far more
urgent problem than a few atoms of Sr-90, for instance.