Re[2]: Anti-nuke funding

The web sites linked from the W. Alton Jones home page make for some very
interesting reading. Though there seems to be the occasional link to a site
dwelling on rad waste issues, I found that most beneficiaries of WAJ
funding seem to be focused more on weapons (nuke and non-nuke)
non-proliferation. And though it's not my intent to stir things up by
challenging either perceptions or definitions here, I do find it curious
that as someone who has worked in the arena of health physics/radiological
controls for 15+ years, that my own vociferous support of weapons
non-proliferation suggests-by some accounts-that I too am (or might be)
'anti-nuke.'

Just a thought.

>     Apparently the url I put up didn't work.  I got it from a colleague,
>     so I tried it.  www.wajones.org/annual96/ gets you a list and if you
>     then click on anything with "nuke" or "energy" or "enviro" you get the
>     appropriate list of recipients and amounts.  Actually, any of the
>     wajones.org link pages make "intersting reading."
>
>     Clearly only my own opinion.
>
>     Ruth Weiner
>     rfweine@sandia.gov

Ray Russ