Re: Anti-nuke funding

In a message dated 98-07-30 18:39:17 EDT, rruss@stanford.edu (Ray Russ)
writes:

<
<I found that most beneficiaries of WAJ funding seem to be focused more
<on weapons (nuke and non-nuke) non-proliferation.
<

Among Ms. Weiner's lunatic fringe who received grants from the WAJ
Foundation is:

Battelle, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory * Nov 1996 - $125,000
Advanced International Studies Unit, Washington, DC

To protect the environment and reduce the risk of nuclear proliferation
by encouraging the use of alternative energy sources in China and
discouraging the use of nuclear and coal-fired power.

<
<I do find it curious that as someone who has worked in the arena of
<health physics/radiological controls for 15+ years, that my own
<vociferous support of weapons non-proliferation suggests-
<by some accounts-that I too am (or might be) 'anti-nuke.'
<

"Love me; love my nuclear weapons."  Or is it simply "the enemy of my friend
is my enemy"?

Glenn
GACMail98@aol.com