Respiratory protection and source security

Today I received Draft Reg Guide DG-8022 "Acceptable programs for
respiratory protection"

in the discussion it states

"It is widely recognized among safety professionals that the use of
respiratory protection devices in the workplace can impose physiological
and psychological stresses on workers, obstruct their vision, hinder
their movements (my italics), and make effective communications
difficult.  These factors increase the risk of physical injury to
respirator wearers that, in many cases, far exceeds any potential risk
associated with the inhalation of a  small quantity of airborne
radioactive material.  Therefore, in Section 20.1703 the  NRC proposes
to require a minimum respirator program rto control the risks associated
with respirator use, even if the licensee does not intend to take credit
for the protection provided by the respirators."

does anyone see any relationship between this philosophy, and one of not
locking doors, and requiring other obstacles  which cause barriers to
safe travel between laboratories, especially when carrying materials
etc, in light of the potential for "theft" of licensed materials in the
laboratory?

Paul Skierkowski
Univ. of Oklahoma