Textbook Availability

During the annual HPS conference this summer, I presented a poster display
of the current Radiation Worker Training program at San Jose State
University.  Many people were interested in the materials I had with me.
Some of the materials will be available on a web page in the future once I
figure out how to use and transfer Front Page 98 (a web page design
software).  The learning is going a little slow.

The primary resource (the textbook) is already available at the University
bookstore.  The textbook was written for a general laboratory audience, not
a Health Physicist or a HP Technician.  It was published in January 1998.
The beginning of the textbook defines the basic sections of a training
program for this audience.  It is easy to read and follow.  The cost is
approximately $12.  Inexpensive in todays market.

If you are interested in the textbook contact the San Jose State University
(Spartan) Bookstore, textbook section.  The contact information is provided
below.  If you have other questions about our training program, please
contact me directly such that we don't abuse the Radsafe service.

Textbook title:  Radiation Safety Training for General Laboratory Workers

Course it is used for: Radiation Safety
Course codes: Nucs-121S, Phys-121S or Chem-121S

Point of contact at the bookstore:  Kirsten McGlynn, Custom Publishing
Representative
Phone: voice (408) 924-1824; fax (408) 924-1818
email: kirsten@spartanshops.sjsu.edu
Address:

San Jose State University
Spartan Bookstore, Textbook Section