Reply to DOE contamination

--------
>>> <Egoitein@aol.com wrote on  Sat 1 Aug 98  15:32 >>>

Dear Ms Weiner,

You must be aware that almost all DOE facilities have contaminated
the environment.  Hanford, INEL, Rocky Flats, Livermore, Los
Alamos, West Valley, etc.  Unfortunately only too few groups are
able to monitor and prevent DOE's carelessness.

... Respectfully,

Ernest Goitein
egoitein@aol.com

Mr. Goitein is painting with an awfully broad brush here.  The offsite
releases and contamination at Livermore are minuscule compared to DOE
production sites.  The calculated offsite doses are trivial, and largely
imaginary.   I invite Mr. Goitein (and anyone else who is interested) to look
at the LLNL Environmental Monitoring Report, which is accessible via the Lab's
web page: www.llnl.gov.

And discretion prevents me (just barely) from commenting on the activities and
intentions of our local "citizen's group."

Naturally, the above statement is my opinion, and does not necessarily
represent the views of the University of California, LLNL, or the DOE.

Gary Mansfield
RadWizard@aol.com