RE: alpha/beta ratios for radionuclide identification

I have done some work looking at this issue with air samples with the hope that
an Alpha/Beta ratio could be used to determine particle size (the material was
DU).  My advise is to be careful when counting alpha particles (I'm sure you
realize this) the depth of burial in the filter media and the particle size
distribution are very important.

I would love to see your results when you have completed your measurements.

Regards,

William A. Lorenzen
Children's Hospital
Boston, Ma 02115