Re: Another reminder? -Reply -Reply -Reply

Surely the only choices were not nuclear or nothing?

In a message dated 98-08-05 08:15:02 EDT, CAW@nrc.gov (Charles Willis) write:

<< In my opinion, based on all the information I could get at the time,
the refusal to permit the export of the core internals was pure politics.
It would be too harsh to say that Jimmy Carter was willing to sacrifice
a few thousand Filipino lives to improve his chances of reelection, but
it comes across as something like that.  Perhaps I feel strongly about
it because I saw a few of the Filipinos die from lack of electricity.