Dose Rate From Scattered Radiation

Radsafers:

I have been asked to calculate the dose rate from iron in a gamma
ray beam (Cs-137).  I would like to make the calculation without
going back to the Compton and Klein-Nishina equations.  Activity,
distances and scattering angle are known.

Surely this has been done before.  Any hints as to where?

I will need references as this may go to court.

Any help would be appreciated.  Meanwhile, I return to Compton,
K-N and the basics.

Jesse Coleman

RADSHOALS@AIRNET.NET