Inhabitation of the Bikini Islands

Fellow Radsafers...

A colleague of mine has been contacted for information regarding the
re-inhabitation of the Bikini Islands.  This is a subject which neither of us
are very knowledgeable about, so I'd like to request any information that may be
helpful in addressing this issue.  General information would be welcomed, and
more specifically, information regarding the use of potassium to prevent the
uptake of radionuclides into plant life.

Please respond to me privately.  If anyone else is interested in this
information, please contact me for a summary of the responses.

Thank you, and best regards.

Karl Fischer, M.E.
Area Health Physicist
Radiation Safety Branch, NIH
mailto: kwf@nih.gov

"Different time, different circumstances."