Re: Radiation litigation and Judges Opinions

Try as I might, I fail to discern the misinformation or arrogance of some
within the legal profession mentioned by Sandy.  What I do discern is a
grieving widow who lost an appeal by a split decision, and who is asserting
her rights as an American.  Not knowing the facts of the case, it appears
that the logic of the dissenting judge is sound -- he/she apparently
interpreted the testimony differently than his colleagues.  Few decisions,
even by the US Supreme Court are unaimous.  I also see what appears to be a
fairly written and balanced article by John McDonald.  Perhaps, Sandy, you
or some other RADSAFERS could enlighten me as to the misinformation and
arrogance to which you allude; I simply cannot find it on my own.  That you
apparently disagree with the opion of the dissenting judge is your right,
just as it is his. His claim that SCE deliberately used monitoring devices
that underestimated dose must have been derived from the evidence presented,
and if in fact has merit, justifies his comments following.   If in fact he
has misunderstood or misconstrued the evidence, well, that is why we have
multiple judges on appellate panels.   Meaning no offense, perhaps the
perception of misinformation and arrogance lies in the eye of the beholder.

Hopefully, this will not start a flame war.

Ron Kathren
rkathren@tricity.WSU.edu

of the author, and NOT my employer