Re: Radiation litigation and Judges Opinions

Ron,

You make some good points. In no way was I criticizing the article
by John McDonald. I believe that it covered the topic very well,,,
bringing to light both sides of the argument. I guess the part that
bothers me the most are just the words of the judge .. which I
highlight below. Based on my knowledge of the case, to say there
was a DELIBERATE use of under-responding monitoring devices
was not substantiated, except in the mind of this judge. I also take
exception to the statement that this death should be classified as
a homicide, and not simply a civil case. I guess my last question
has to do with statistics. Where are all of the other deaths at not
only San Onofre, but all of the other facilities, where we should see
large numbers of not only deaths, but other serious illnesses, due
to the criminal activities of the utility owners? What about the
others in this specific case, all of the workers who were
supposedly under-monitored to lethal amounts of contamination.
There is no evidence to support such outlandish statements from
this judge. In my opinion.

> >     "In fact, the deliberate use by Southern
> >      California Edison of monitoring devices which
> >      under-recorded the true amount of radiation and
> >      the deaths of employees caused by radiation rise
> >      not only to a valid civil suit for damages but
> >      also to a possible criminal prosecution for
> >      homicide,"

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205

ICN Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT my employer