Re: Abbreviations, continued

Rege --

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this, but I was out of the
office for a week. 1. The abbreviation for the rutherford was rd.  It was a
unit that was favored for a time by the old National Bureau of Standartds,
but never quite caught on.  2.  Yes, Brodsky did say that 10e6 was a magic
number albeit in a different context.  But you know that anything Brodsky
(my old graduate advisor!) says I must disagree with, even if I agree.  One
of these days he'll revoke my degree!

Ron

PS  HAven't been through the rest of the e-mail for the week -- hope I'm not
duplicating what others have said.