Re: effective dose per caput

At 01:15 20.08.98 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>Here is a little bit of humor.
>In German caput(kaput) is a total end, death, finish, etc.

The correct writing of the German word is "kaputt", the pronounciation is
different - the accent is in German on the u and in Latin on a.

Yes, it is Latin - I had the "pleasure" to learn Latin for six years in
school. Some people still think that to know Latin is essential especially
for medical doctors. I use to say then, that there should not be any
medical doctors in Japan, USA, etc., because they do not learn Latin
there......

So in this context you can take the translation as "individual", also in
German sometimes the word "Kopf" (head) is used as a synonyme for
"individual".

I never thought I could use my Latin in radiation protection.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department for Radiochemistry and Radioactivity of Food
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
AUSTRIA
tel.: +43-1-40491-520