Salaries

I haven't been keeping up with radsafe messages for a while, so forgive me if
this has been previously adressed.  Several recent job postings on radsafe have
described the duty requirements for large University programs, which require
extensive responsibility, with salaries ranging from $40-$50,000 per year (40-45
more frequently).  Are these positions being filled, and are they being filled
by truly qualified personnel?  These salaries are not commensurate with the
education, experience, skills, and responsibilities owned by most Health
Physicists.  How can we ensure adequate compensation and the professional
respect that is indicated by competitive salaries?

My opinion only, not that of my employer.

Diane Case
dcase@exchange.nih.gov