RE: Ion chamber calibrations: Beta response

we routinely verify that beta response is within establihed limits,
but the calibration of the chamber is adjusted by gamma response.

one of the problems with a beta 'calibration' is that source-detector
geometry is a strong influence, so the specific intended application
becomes a critical part of the calibration protocol.

maybe some more discussion of what you are looking for?

r d colvett
TVA
Muscle Shoals  AL  35662
256+386-2576