Re: N.U Must Pay For Decommissioning -Reply

> It was economics, not  incompetence, which shut Connecticut Yankee down.

In support of Claude's statement, I am not aware that Conn.
Yankee was ever on the NRC's watch list. Even if it were, that does
NOT mean that there was incompetence. Hypothetically speaking,
if there were some management decisions that might have been
better, and I am not saying that this is the case, it is not
acceptable to correlate that with "incompetence". With downsizing
and other issues affecting the power reactor world today, if we see
Millstone pulling itself out of the quandary it had been in the past,
one can also make the statement that there was not incompetence
previously. If that were the case, and, there were not significant
number of "new" personnel added to the system, are we to believe
that "incompetent" workers somehow saw the light, and are now
amongst the "competent"???

NU has had problems, as have other facilities. Calling the plant and
in so doing, the staff, incompetent, is highly unjustified. There are
many excellent workers there, and those whom I know can not be
labelled as "incompetent". On the other hand, I know of many
incompetent judges, as labelled by the American Bar Association,
and which is published periodically, based on criteria and ratings...

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
ICN Plaza
3300 Hyland Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

sandyfl@earthlink.net
sperle@icnpharm.com

ICN Dosimetry Website:
http://www.dosimetry.com

Personal Website:

              - G. K. Chesterton -

The opinions expressed are solely, absolutely, positively, definitely those of the author, and NOT my employer