From: Ruth Weiner <rfweine@sandia.gov>
Subject: 10 CFR 71 Question

Dear RADSAFERs,

Does anyone out there in RADSAFE land have an idea of the philosophy
underlying the exclusion of various radionuclides from tables of A1
and A2 values of 10 CFR Part 71?  In some cases the A1/A2 value for a
parent radionuclide is appropriate, but not for all exclusions.  We at
Sandia Transportation Technology Department would appreciate any
thoughts you might have.

Ruth Weiner
rfweine@sandia.gov