Neonatal intensive care radiography

A member of our neonatal intensive care staff is looking for information
on risk factors for infants (many are preterm) who are chronically ill and
therefore subjected to a considerable number of x-ray procedures over
a period of months.  I am told that the x-ray investigations may be
performed, in some cases, four times a day for several weeks.

Can anyone point me in the direction of published studies which discuss
risk factors for infants in thios situation ?  In particular, papers which
examine the value of/need for frequent radiographic examination would
be of interest.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Hanlon,
Radiation Safety Officer,
The New Chidren's Hospital,
P.O. Box 3515,
PARRAMATTA, NSW, 2124
Australia

Phone  61 2 9845 3324           FAX   61 2 9845 0831

email   markh@nch.edu.au